About the deal: Acquisition of a leading precision casting company
- Acquisition of 100% of the shares of Bauma (Switzerland) based Wolfensberger AG
- Succession of a profitable family business owned by 58 private individuals
- Sale of the company, as the identified investment needs for the sustainable growth of the company exceeded the financial resources of the former shareholders
- In the recent past, the business has been facing increasing economic challenges through intensified competition as well as continuous currency and cost pressure
Deal rationale: Continue operational improvement & ensure return to growth
- Wolfensberger is a leading Swiss casting manufacturer, active in the areas of precision casting, sand casting and machining with c. EUR 40m in revenues and approximately 200 employees
- Long-standing relationships to blue-chip customers in the commercial vehicle, ship-building and machine engineering industry
- Pioneer in the area of casting parts with a company history of more than 90 years
- Globally acknowledged for excellent product quality, extensive knowledge in materials and casting process technology
- Opportunity to realize cost improvements through internationalization of supplier base along with modernization and automatization of the production plant to strengthen the company’s competitiveness
- Utilization of ample production capacities to cater new customers and exploit potentials in adjacent markets
FIDELIUM Deal Team: Get in Touch
K&L gates LLP
FIDELIUM is a Munich-based investment firm experienced in complex corporate carve-outs and focuses on businesses with operational improvement potential across Europe. Backed by a number of German business families, an equity fund of EUR 103m is available for acquisitions, follow-on investments, and add-ons.
WOLFENSBERGER BETEILIGUNGEN AG is the parent company of Wolfensberger AG, Bauma. The company manages the company-owned residential and commercial properties and realizes development and construction projects.